My new favorite food:
- They are fresher tasting than canned beans.
- There is no BPA in the lining, although I don’t know how safe the polyethylene lining is.
- I like the smaller size (13.4 ounces vs. 15 or 16 ounces for a can).
- They don’t require an opener. (There is a tearable perforation along the top, but I’ll admit I do use scissors sometimes. Still easier than a can opener.)
- The beans are softer.
- They cost $1.49 per box which I don’t think is extravagant.
- There are no other ingredients except beans. Beans, that’s it.
- Some of the recipes on the sides of the boxes are actually worth making, like the chili below.