- Potatoes (I used 1 red and 1 white)
- Onion, small dice, 1 tablespoon
- Celery, small dice, 1 tablespoon
- Parsley, minced, 1/2 teaspoon (or dill if you like)
- Bean Paste, 1 tablespoon (or use any mashed bean, or use fat-free hummus)
- Miso, 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon
- Vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon
- Tamari or Soy Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
- Spices (I used onion and garlic powder, salt, paprika)
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place into boiling water, to cover, with a pinch of salt. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until soft. Drain. Let cool.
- Dice cooled potatoes into smaller cubes or roughly mash. Add onion, celery, and parsley. Mix.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add one or two teaspoons of water if too thick. Blend with potato salad. Sprinkle paprika on top.
This doesn’t make much, about 1 cup. I am still experimenting. The amounts for the dressing are approximations, you can vary depending on how piquant you like it. The first time I made it there was a strong celery taste and too much mustard and vinegar. I like a milder potato salad so I cut back. The recipe reflects that. I don’t use much salt when making it but just sprinkle some on top as I eat it – which means I end up eating less salt. I’m trying!